by Dr. Kendra A. O’Hora, LCMFT
For the next few months we’ll be covering all our major touch points here at Wellness & Co. – Couples, Mamas, the Enneagram, all of it.
We wanted to round out the Summer with some energy, excitement, and love after such a long and draining first half of the year (or was that just me that feels beyond exhausted?).
So, what does it look like to finish our Summer strong? Well, each week Amanda & Dylan will be hosting a panel for the Enneagram types, starting with Type 8! You can register to watch the panel here – sign up for one or for all nine!
This style of learning and exploring the Enneagram is bound to give you new insights, new context to the nine types, and new pathways for growth from Type Structure to True Self!
So, in that spirit – in honor of the start of our panel series we’ll be sharing some thoughts from YOU.
We’ve compiled reflections from all over to shed some light on our dear friends, Type Eight. Particularly, what’s it like being married to a Type Eight and what it’s like being a Type Eight Mama!
Oh those Eights – powerful, confident, protective, energetic. Ever wonder how they size up in the loveeeee department?
Here’s what our dear friends, family, and Wellness & Co. community said about being partnered with Type Eight!
- My type 8 partner needs to lead and be in charge/control.
- Being in relationship with a Type 8 is the best! She brings the energy, passion, and intensity of life that I crave!
- My partner has a continuous running list in her mind.
- My partner thinks and plans and in most instances assess data fast and makes decisions fast. Most of these decisions, like 99%, are excellently taken.
- My spouse is a goal oriented high achiever.
- My partner keeps me grounded in the moment but also dreams big with me.
- My partner is a very special person.
- My spouse has the boldness and bluntness needed to call me out on my shit and the softest heart as I learn to sit with the harder emotions.
- I wish I had known my type and my 8’s type years if not decades ago.
- Being married to an 8 can be overwhelming and comforting all at the same time.
- You can always depend on an 8 to be there for you and take care of whatever needs to be done.
- On the other hand, Eights have a huge presence and dominance of most situations can feel intimidating like your opinion or input doesn’t really matter.
Thank you to everyone who shared what it is like being partnered with a Type 8! Your words and insights are helping us continue to honor and understand the strengths and challenges of partnerships with the Enneagram Type Eight!
Last but not least, Eights are the true Mama bears, aren’t they? They are fiercely protective, powerhouse women, who can be soccer moms and loyal advocates but also at times a wee bit controlling.
Wanna know more? Here’s what our Type Eight Mamas shared about their motherhood experience!
- Being an “8” mom was the wildest ride of my life.
- When I became a Mom, it opened me up to some of the softest and most tender parts of myself.
- Having an “8” daughter was like a mirror image of myself which was very interesting and I learned so much about her and my self but also often caused us to butt heads. On the other hand my “4” daughter was a whole different experience. I honestly had never really known anyone like my “4” daughter who was very creative and emotional. She taught me to slow down, love deeply, smell the roses, and that there is more to life then the practical things! Having 2 very different children made me have to parent in different ways which I didn’t really think about before I had children.
- [Parenting is a] wild ride [but] has been the best ride of my life…being a mom!
- I’m reminded daily of the gift of vulnerability and to take time to play.
- I have also noticed that I am wildly protective!
- Knowing my children’s enneagram would have helped me more as a mom..wish I had that knowledge back then. But it has certainly helped me to be closer and a better friend/support for them as adults.
Curious to know what it’s like being a Type 8? Tune in tomorrow, July 7th at 6pm when we explore the life and experiences of three Type Eights!
Sign up for the Wellness & Co. newsletter to get instant access to our newsletter, upcoming events, and personal stories – like last week!
Dr. K started Wellness & Co. with the desire to provide top-notch therapy to our local community. Now, Wellness & Co., has therapists, coaches, tutors, and professional organizers – all to provide wrap-around, boutique style care to our clients. Dr. K specializes in couples therapy, healing from infidelity, and supporting individuals through relational transitions.