"This is a well designed course that offers insight and the information needed to start on the road to healing your relationship. It was a comprehensive approach that makes marriage therapy easy to navigate and available to everyone. I loved that the content was presented in digestible chunks that I could watch easily. The lessons were presented in a way that was easy to understand and interesting. After watching I feel prepared and confident in choosing a therapist and making an appointment. The provided printable materials were a helpful added bonus. Dr. O'Hora made me feel like my relationship was important and worth the investment." - TB
• What does COMPLETE really mean? *FREE PREVIEW
• Who am I?
• What to expect from a couples therapist
• Overview of course, expectations, and best way to use the material
• What is couples therapy and how does it work?
• What is therapy?
• Can you do couples therapy with only one individual?
• Orientation & Lens – Theory of Therapy
• Models – the HOW of therapy
• Before the call…
• What to look for in a couples therapist
• What if we're not a good fit?
• How to look for a couples therapist
• The first call
• Setting up an appointment
• What's the paperwork?
• What to expect at your first appointment
• Subsequent Sessions, Termination, and When Couples Therapy Does Not Work
• From Phone Call to Your Certificate of Completion...
• BONUS: Complete your Relationship Genogram and Timeline!
• Understanding YOUR presenting problem - what brings you to therapy?
• How to search for a therapist online
• Stages of change - how motivated are you?
• Where to go from here?!
• Thank you!
Dr. Kendra A. O'Hora is a Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist working with couples in Bel Air, Maryland. She's passionate about the Enneagram, brownies, Taylor Swift, and healthy relationships.
On a small scale Dr. O'Hora has hosted date nights in the local community for couples looking to strengthen their relationship through intentionality, empathy, and intimacy. She's also had the opportunity to speak at conferences nationally and internationally to enhance the field of couples therapy. Even still, Dr. O'Hora loves creating! She's written two e-books and created an e-course in hopes of breaking down the barriers associated with mental health to speak directly to those she's passionate about working with - couples in need!
Simply enough, Dr. O'Hora cares. Check out her e-resources to see her heart, passion, and hope for romantic relationships. Plus, you'll receive invaluable tools, content, and support along the way.
connect with us on instagram